A General Meeting of US Companies doing business in Nigeria in May 2005, unanimously endorsed the need for an American Business Council (ABC) which , operating like a 'think tank', will focus on policy issues and practical implementation steps in support of Nigerian public and private section leadership as well as ongoing reform initiatives in the country. It is designed to bring ABC's Nigerian based resources combined with the US support, to bear on selected issues and reform initiatives that show potential Read more...
- To promote the development of commerce and investments between the United States of America and the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- To provide a forum in which American business executives in Nigeria and other business executives with American interests may identify, discuss, pursue common interests affecting their activities.
- To liaise with the Chamber of Commerce of the United States and other chambers of commerce and institutions pursuing similar objects, and to advocate the views of the American business community in Nigeria to public and private interests in the United States and Nigeria.
- To work with individuals and organizations in Nigeria or elsewhere on matters of mutual interest.
- To create awareness of Nigeria's business and investment opportunities in the United States and among the American business community in Nigeria.
- To champion the promotion of free trade in goods and services and removal of trade barriers between Nigeria and the United States and use its best endeavours to influence United States' policies and laws affecting business in Nigeria;
- To develop programmes for capacity building and human capital development in Nigeria through such initiatives as structured institutional, communal and individual donation of funds, skills, tools, equipment and materials to the educational, health and other sectors involved in the socio-economic development of Nigeria
The United States Ambassador to Nigeria Mr. W. Stuart Symington hosts Intellectual Property Rights Stakeholders on the 23rd of May 2018, at his residence. read more
The US Embassy and the ABC held a roundtable discussion on IPR on the 23rd of May at the US Embassy Abuja. The objective was to have both US stakeholders and Nigerian stakeholders of public and private sector to discuss strategies to promote protection, strategies to facilitate the enactment of the long awaited Copyright and IPCOM bill and increasing IPR enforcement activities. read more
Click to read more on Beyond VAIDS – Building Sustainable Tax Systems for Improved Compliance. by Adediran R. (Senior Manager) & Oladejo Adeyemi Assistant Manager Commercial Practice.
Andersen Tax 5 key points - Property Taxation in Lagos State – A Review of the Lagos State Land Use Charge Law 2018.