- The Secretariat is organizing a Breakfast Meeting with the DG of
NAFDAC.The meeting would be an avenue to discuss unresolved regulatory
concerns for Food and Pharma which goes in line with the Federal
Government’s objective on improving the Ease of Doing Business in the
country and also to strengthen partnerships between the Private and
The Breakfast Meeting is scheduled for Wednesday 28th February, 2018 at Protea Hotel 42/44 Isaac John Street. GRA Ikeja, Lagos
Time: 9am - 11am
The event is sponsored by Procter and Gamble
- The Chairman of NESG, Mr. Bukar Kyari, CEO of NESG, Mr. ‘Laoye Jaiyeola, and NESG Board of Directors paid a visit to the President of Nigeria, Muhammadu Buhari (GCFR) to present the report of the 23rd Nigerian Economic Summit and the NESG 2018 Macroeconomic Outlook Report.
- How P&G supports FG’s backward integration programme...Continue on the Guardian Site
- NITDA, Microsoft sign MoU to strengthen local ICT innovation adoption...Continue on the Guardian Site
- Bilateral trade: American Business Council presents economic impact survey...Watch on TVC News Nigeria
- Despite falling into recession in 2016, Nigeria generated over N1 trillion from American businesses operating in the country. This information was revealed on Tuesday in Lagos by the American Business Council (ABC) at the launch of its first annual economic survey of the...Continue on Brandafriq Website
- The American Business Council, ABC, has said United States companies operating in Nigeria have contributed over N34.4 billion to the growth of the economy through tax revenue in 2016. In a recent Economic Impact Survey carried out on the companies...Continue on Newsbreak Website
- Forty-eight United States companies in Nigeria earned N1 trillion in 2016, according to a survey done by the American Business Council (ABC) in Nigeria, in collaboration with Accenture, General Electric and PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC). The firms, ranging from GE, PwC to Accenture, spent over N340 million within the year on training, contributing more than N34.4 billion ...Continue on Business Day Website
- Director on the Board of American Business Council and Chairman of the Board of External Affairs of American Business Council was recently awarded a Doctorate at the University of Ibadan
- ABC Breakfast Session on the Presidential Economic Diversification Initiative with the Senior Special Adviser to the President on Economic Transaction Matters, Mr Fola Oyeyinka as Speaker on December 15, 2017. The Presidential Economic Diversification Initiative(PEDI) designed by the President’ s Policy Delivery Unit in the Office of the Chief of Staff to engage State Governments and private sector investors develop transformative projects and revive moribund / abandoned economic assets across the country.
- Roundtable discussion with the Deputy Assistant Secretary at U.S. Department of Commerce held at General Electric's office at the Church Gate Plaza in Abuja
- The Nigerian Investment Promotion Commission (NIPC) and the Federal Ministry of Industry Trade and Investment (MITI), in partnership with the US Department of Commerce organized the “US-Nigeria Business Dinner” at Transcorp Hilton Hotel on Monday 20 November 2017. The event was hosted by Nigeria’s Minister for Industry, Trade and Investment Dr. Okechukwu Enelamah with member-companies of ABC in attendance.
- GE Vice chairman stresses the need for speed less bureaucracy and cavity building to drive localization at the 23rd Nigerian Economic Summit.
- Meeting with Congressional Delegation from the United States of America led by Senator Christopher Coons on Wednesday, 30 August at the American Guest Quarters , 16 Oyinkan Abayomi Drive , Ikoyi.
- Breakfast Meeting on Economic Recovery & Growth Plan and the 2017 Federal Government Budget with Hon Minister of Budget & Planning, Senator Udoma Udo Udoma as Guest Speaker on Friday, July 28, 2017.
- The second meeting with the Governor of Central Bank of Nigeria took place on Thursday, 6 July, 2016, in his conference room in Abuja .The ABC position paper on The Case for a Flexible Exchange Rate Regime in Nigeria prepared by the Ad-hoc Committee set up for the purpose was also forwarded to the Governor in advance.
- A High Level Delegation from the US Chamber of Commerce consisting of Scott Eisner, President of the US-Africa Business Center & Vice President for African Affairs, US Chamber of Commerce, and Leila Ndiaye, Senior Director Policy, Africa/International Division, USC held a meeting with member-companies of ABC on 28 June 2017.
- ABC Breakfast Sessionon “Progress on the Ease of Doing Business in Nigeria" with the Minister of Industry, Trade and Investment, Dr Okechukwu Enelamah as Guest Speaker on May 26, 2017. The event was kindly sponsored by GE Nigeria.
- ABC Panel Discussion on New Foreign Exchange Regime and Impact on Business In Nigeria on Thursday, July 14,2016. Panelists were, Aderonke Adetoro ,Citibank Nigeria Ltd, Thiery Mbimi, KPMG, Darrell McGraw, PriceWaterhouseCoopers, and Toyin Osungbesan , Accenture. It was chaired by Adeola Adetunji, Managing Director ,Coca-Cola Nig. Ltd.
- ABC Breakfast session on “Gas to Power Pipeline prospects” with Mrs Laila Ndiaye, Director, Policy, International Division, US Chamber of Commerce as Guest Speaker on June 7, 2016.
- ABC Breakfast Session on “Industry and Trade Agenda of the Nigerian Government" with the Minister of Industry, Trade and Investment, Dr Okechukwu Enelamah as Guest Speaker on May 6, 2016. The event was kindly sponsored by Procter and Gamble Nig. Ltd.
- ABC Breakfast Session on “Prospects For the Nigerian Stock Exchange in 2016/2017” with Mr Ade Bajomo , Executive Director, Market Operations and Technology, NSE, as Guest Speaker on April 27, 2016. The event was kindly sponsored by PriceWaterHouseCoopers.
- ABC Roundtable with U.S.Secretary of Commerce, Penny Pritzker, and Members of the President’s Adisory Council on Doing Business in Africa(PAC-DBIA) on January 25, 2016 at Intercontinental Hotel, Victoria Island
RECENT PROJECT REPORT
Report of Review of Guidelines for Nigerian Content Development in Information Communication Technology recently issued by Ministry of Communication Technology.
ABC coordinated series of meetings of US ICT companies to review the Guidelines, the outcome of which will be presented to the Minister of Communication Technology.
ONGOING PILOT PROJECTS
The rationale here is to identify very broad issues which have fundamental impact on Nigeria's long-term development . To this end , ABC will focus on the following pilot projects :
- Infrastructure-Power , Transportation, Seaports, Roads and Railways.
- Institution Building- Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) .
- Education-Technical schools.