Our Organizational Structure-Committees of the Board and Secretariat
The Board of Directors delegates some of its powers to Standing Committees to assist it in laying down the general policy initiatives and strategies of the company. The following are the Committees and their Chairmen
- Finance/Administration-Mr Cyril Odu( Partner, Capital Alliance Nigeria Ltd)
Development of business plans, budgets and financial reporting for the company, including external auditors.
- Legal/Membership-Wole Obayomi (Partner in KPMG)
Registration of company, preparing of bye-laws, membership rules and election process, etc.
- External Relations-Dr Imo Itsueli (Chairman/CEO, Dubri Oil)
Development of key relationships with external institutions and stakeholders relevant to the company, and mobilizing support for companies start up activities, including media relationships, publicity, launching of ABC in Nigeria and US, improving the investment and trade climate for the benefit of US companies and the Nigerian economy as well as supporting the work of the Programmes and Projects Committee.
- Programmes and Projects:- Mr Tunji Oyebanji (Chairman/Managing Director,Mobil Oil Nigeria Plc)
Organisation of business luncheons, workshops, informal briefings, general meetings, and special events, including the launching of ABC in Nigeria and the US under its programmes mandate. It is also responsible for projects ultimately selected by ABC.
- Executive Committee-Dr Lazarus Angbazo (President, GE Business Operations Nigeria)
This body consists of the President of ABC as Chairman, the Heads of Standing Committees and the ABC EO/Executive Secretary. It generally supervises and assists the Committees in their work.
- Secretariat- Mrs Margaret Olele is the Executive Secretary/CEO.
She heads the Secretariat and with the Financial Consultant, Mr Etta Takon Amba undertake executive functions and are responsible for the day to day running of the organization.